Everything is looking up!
It’s hard to imagine, and it’s hard to believe, but the world is a lot happier of a place today than it was at this time last week.
- the AC in the house is fine. The actual out of pocket to fix it was 170, which also buys us a regular check-up of the system for the next year. This could have gone far worse.
- the dryer is fine, the entire dryer debacle was apparently a false alarm.
- I got a new writing gig! Actual real research and writing that people will read and care about to the tune of about a thousand a month, more than I have been making for most months lately.
- the husband is getting a promotion in the next month or two. They’ve told him what they want from him, he can do it, and this promotion comes with a move towards the office that only takes 15 minutes to commute to/from. The current office is more like 45 minutes and can be up to an hour on a bad day. The new office is ALSO en route to/from the kid’s schools, so if his car dies (an inevitability) we can buy ourselves time with that commute. Presumably this promotion would also come with a raise.
- the house purge has resulted in some things that can be sold and we’re already getting a couple of bites on ebay.
- the kids are in school, and the meet the teacher nights went without issue and in fact, at the middle school orientation the ex-husband looked like the nutjob instead of me for once. WINNER.
- I’ve already delivered my first project for the new gig and it was accepted and loved. Apparently, I’m cooler than I thought I was.
Basically, everything is awesome.
Do you have that song stuck in your head now? I’m not even sorry.